translate this blog

go back to dp home

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dyeing Workshop in Kyoto

I (taka) went to Japan last month, then I visited a dyeing/weaving studio in Kyoto. It was my third time visiting this place. I did the "Kusaki-zome" (dyeing using plants) workshop. I learned about natural dyeing using different techniques.
50mins drive from Kyoto city center (you can catch a bus too)
choose materials and decide design/colour
the lecture of colours
the process is simple
very simple but hard work
have a rest...
so fun!

Ohara Koubou
http://www.ohara-koubou.net/
Dyeing workshop : from 1,000JPY (depends on the material you choose)
Spinning, Weaving workshop : please check with the studio by email or phone
(Workshop in English is available, need to check with the studio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment