translate this blog

go back to dp home

Monday, July 20, 2009

a golden find


I spent the weekend in Melbourne with my friend Emma. We were 'on the look out' to find some Ghost patrol and Miso art hidden in the streets...My eyes were wide open, and just when I completely forgot about my search I spotted this one!
 
It was like stumbling across gold! It felt more rewarding than seeing an exhibition or purchasing a piece of art in an art gallery.

I double checked today to see if it was a Miso work and found this image at her website...dated Oct 2008!



 some Ghost patrol works we found...



I love these works, similarly with "knitta please"... individual creativity being shared on the streets. We are all free to access: touch, feel, take a photo, form an opinion...but never possess.

p.s. if you are interested...this is a link to a short documentary on Ghost patrol and Miso, that was shown on the ABC...well worth 27min of your time!



1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun hunting for ghost patrol and miso works with you Yumi! Your post is great!

    xEmma

    PS Today I have mixed floral with stripes... as you know this is not like me at all... the stripes are only micro, but it is still one big step for me!

    ReplyDelete